Blame T.M.Krishna for the malady! Just when I got out of my Bhairavi mode, he had to talk about Bhairavi in his interview for Worldspace Shruthi. Of course, I had to go and satiate myself with more Bhairavi. Here's the list of things I listened to after the interview.
1) MLV - Chetulara Sringara (a rarely heard krithi except during the Aradhana). A fine exposition of Bhairavi for 13 minutes. Had all the essential phrases and was wholesome.
2) MSS - RTP Bhairavi (1968 Academy concert). A well-executed Bhairavi.
3) SSI - Janani Mamava : This was mind-boggling stuff. SSI IS SSI. A wonderful thanam in this (probably) Navarathri mandapam concert
4) Sanjay - Yaaro Ivar Yaaro: Had never heard this krithi before from Sanjay. A brisk and interesting Bhairavi
5) MLV - Koluvai: The mention of this krithi in the interview was what triggered my appetite again. Have to listen to the krithi more.
We can hear koluvai of MMI or TVS any number of times. and of Ariyakudi is also wonderful.ReplyDelete
Hey Sir.....you missed the Varnam.....Bhairavi Varnam is the "King of Varnams".ReplyDelete