LyricsP: vaNdanamonariNciti vElakoladi
sAshTANgammu mA bhArata lakshmi vANi kin
A: maNdAra dhara pUra arivirim catulu tOshita caritE
mA vara vasaNta mOdini Sri rukmiNiki cirAyu nosagumu
C: aNtamuna kalAkshEtra adhyakshiNi supOshiNi
Things to watch out for:
- The start of the Mukthayi swaras itself is out of this world. "Gagga gari"
- The way he sings Suposhini in the charanam. Just one sample of how varnams should be sung and not belted out as a warmer like most artists do
- The varnam does not just go up and down the scale because it's Vachaspathi. Listen to the Mukthayi swaras closely. The twists and turns are delectable.
- I don't think it was easy to sing 2nd speed in this varnam
- Again the start of swaras in the charanam - "NidaReeeee Sa". Listen closely. Amazing creativity by the composer here